- RAFFLE PERIOD: Raffle Tickets will be sold beginning up to (3) hours before the Event’s start time and will end at a predetermined time prior to the conclusion of the Event (each a “Raffle Period“). If the Event is the danceathon, the Raffle Period will conclude at approximately the end of the last hour of the event. The duration of the sales period is referred to as the “Raffle Period.”
- ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open to all individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older in attendance at the Event, located in the State of Ohio, and who have not won the Club Ohio 50/50 Raffle in the last 365 days. Employees, independent contractors or volunteers of Sponsor, or any of their direct or indirect parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members of each of the above, are not eligible to enter or win. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- ENTRY: For an Event, Raffle Tickets may be purchased at the event venue and in certain designated areas. Raffle Tickets may be purchased (a) via the Sponsor Website (b) from uniformed sellers at the venue (or, if applicable, such other venue where the Event is held) and in Designated Areas (or, if applicable, such other venue), and (c) at the designated kiosks. Each Raffle Ticket purchased will be considered one (1) entry into the Raffle. The running total from Raffle Ticket sales will be periodically displayed and/or announced at the Event. A Participant may purchase as many Raffle Tickets as s/he wishes. All Raffle Ticket purchases must be made during the applicable Raffle Period. Raffle Tickets are not eligible for any past or future Raffle drawing. All purchases of Raffle Ticket(s) are printed and entered into a drum for a manual drawing of the winning ticket. None of the Released Parties (defined below) are liable for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, or destroyed Raffle Tickets regardless of cause or the person responsible, including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer, online system or server or other technical problem. No refunds will be made except as otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- PRICING: The purchase cost of a Raffle Ticket will be established by Sponsor prior to the beginning of the Raffle Period and will be communicated at the time of purchase and in the Raffle promotions. The pricing for the Raffle Tickets may vary based upon the quantity of Raffle Tickets purchased. The pricing for the Raffle Tickets may vary from one Event to the next. The pricing and purchase options made available during an Event shall be uniformly applied and will not vary by seller or purchaser, except as otherwise noted in the following sentence. Ticket pricing will be as follows:
- When purchasing in person from a seller, pricing will be Two (2) Raffle Tickets for $5.00; Five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; Twenty(20) Raffle Tickets for $20.00; and Seventy-Five (75) Raffle Tickets for $50.00; Two Hundred Fifty (250) Raffle Tickets for $100.00
- When purchasing from the Club Ohio Website, pricing will be Two (2) Raffle Tickets for $5.00; Five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; Twenty(20) Raffle Tickets for $20.00; and Seventy-Five (75) Raffle Tickets for $50.00; Two Hundred Fifty (250) Raffle Tickets for $100.00
- WINNER SELECTION: After the conclusion of each Raffle Period and prior to the completion of the Event, the winning Raffle Ticket number (the “Winning Number”) will be selected at random from among all eligible Raffle Tickets purchased during the Raffle Period. The Winning Number will be selected in the last hour of the event. In the event of postponement of the Event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, modify any pre-determined schedule with respect to the Raffle Period and/or the drawing. All drawings will be conducted by Sponsor in collaboration with the Foundation whose decision is final and binding.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: Prior to the conclusion of the Event, the selected Winning Number will be displayed and/or announced at the Event. The Winning Number will also be text blasted, posted on Twitter, and on Foundation’s raffle website, for a minimum of thirty (30) days following the Event. For an Event hosted by the Foundation, the Winning Number will also be displayed on the TV’s and Electronic Displays, and, time-permitting, announced over the PA/Audio system.
- PRIZE: The Participant that purchased the Raffle Ticket with the corresponding Winning Number (a “Prize Claimant“) will receive fifty percent (50%) of the net proceeds of the Raffle (the “Prize“). (The net proceeds are those total monies collected from Raffle Ticket sales for the applicable Raffle Period minus any expenses incurred in the operation of the Raffle). Remaining proceeds shall be distributed by the Foundation through its annual grant process for the benefit of qualifying registered charities.
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Prize Claimant need not be present at the time of the drawing to win. To claim the Prize, the Prize Claimant must notify Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the announcement of the winning number by calling (888) 390-5298 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions given. The valid and authentic winning Raffle Ticket (the “Winning Ticket”), government-issued photo identification and/or similar documentation may be required to redeem the prize. The Prize Claimant may be required to show proof of purchase of the Winning Ticket. The Winning Ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming a Prize. Each Prize Claimant must provide Sponsor with all information required to claim the Prize (including tax identification information). The Prize Claimant will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit“) in the form approved by Sponsor which must be executed and returned to Sponsor prior to receipt of the Prize. In the event a Prize Claimant: (a) does not notify Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the applicable Raffle Period; (b) is ruled ineligible; (c) refuses the Prize; (d) does not return an executed Affidavit; or (e) has won the 50/50 Raffle in the past 365 days, the Prize will be forfeited and will be retained by Sponsor. Sponsor has no obligation to contact potential winners. All prizes will be delivered via check within thirty (30) days of the Prize Claimant delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Affidavit, and all other required documents to Sponsor. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Prize winners. Unclaimed winnings will be retained by Sponsor.
- ODDS: Odds of winning are based on the total number of Raffle Tickets purchased in each Raffle Period.
- TAXES: Each Participant acknowledges that they have been informed that the IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of a Raffle Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. The Prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded Prize. Furthermore, each Prize winner acknowledges that federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award or distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed will be followed. Winners of prizes over $600 will receive from Sponsor a W-2G form or such other form(s) as required by applicable law. Taxes will be withheld in accordance with IRS and State of Ohio guidelines.
- TRANSFER OF RAFFLE TICKET: Raffle Tickets may not be resold or transferred to any other party or copied or otherwise duplicated. Any Raffle Ticket which has been resold, transferred, copied or otherwise duplicated shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, duplicate, or receive a Raffle Ticket in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a Prize, and may be deemed ineligible to participate in future Raffles.
- PARTICIPANT’S GRANT OF LICENSE: By participating in the Raffle or accepting a Prize, each Participant hereby irrevocably and perpetually grants to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide license to use, publish, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute and publicly display any images or likenesses of the Participant (collectively, the “Images“), in any form, media or content which now or hereafter exists, for advertising, promotional or any other commercial purposes as well as non-commercial purposes. Each Participant waives any compensation for any use of such Images. Each Participant hereby releases and waives any claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities and causes of action arising from Sponsor’s, or its designee, uses of the Images, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, publicity, personality, or exploitation of the Participant’s name or likeness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY: By participating in the Raffle, the Participant, on Participant’s behalf and on behalf of the Participant’s spouse; assigns; guardians; administrators; executors and legal representatives, hereby releases, waives, discharges, covenants not to sue, and indemnifies Sponsor;; together with each of their respective past, present or future predecessors; successors; assigns; direct or indirect subsidiaries; affiliates; related entities and persons; owners; and each of their respective shareholders; members; partners; trustees; directors; principals; managers; employees; volunteers; agents; consultants; contractors (including the Sponsor’s service provider for the Raffle); representatives; sponsors; and insurers (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any claim or loss arising out of or related to the Participant’s participation in the Raffle, acceptance of the Prize, or any exercise by Sponsor of any of its rights set forth herein or the Official Rules of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, any claims related to (i) any injury to the Participant or the Participant’s property that occurs in connection with participation in the Raffle, receiving the Prize or any related activities, (ii) any failure to report and pay any income taxes arising from acceptance of the Prize, (iii) any lost, stolen or duplicated Raffle Ticket, (iv) the use of any of the systems or technologies in conducting the Raffle; and (v) the Participant’s acts or the acts of any other party with respect to the Participant’s receipt of the Prize or participation in the Raffle, regardless of whether any such claims are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any entity or person released hereunder.
- DISPUTES AND GOVERNING LAW: The Raffle and the Official Rules Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States of America and by the laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule of any jurisdiction. ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE RAFFLE OR THE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR(S) MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF. ANY ARBITRATION SHALL TAKE PLACE IN THE CITY OF COLUMBUS, OH. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM SHALL BE HEARD AND RULED UPON BY ONE (1) ARBITRATOR WHO SHALL BE SELECTED BY Club Ohio. PARTICIPANTS EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO COURT AND JURY TRIAL. Each Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action not waived arising out of or in connection with the Raffle, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT IN THE RAFFLE. The Raffle is void outside the State of Ohio, within certain excluded counties within Ohio, the United States and where prohibited by law. These Official Rules are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Ohio and that if any portion of the Official Rules is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- DISQUALIFICATION; CHANGES: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper or unduly interfere with the operation or integrity of the Raffle, (ii) resells, transfers, copies or otherwise duplicates a Raffle Ticket, (iii) violates the Official Rules, or (iv) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle or these Official Rules or disqualify any individual or Raffle Ticket for purposes of protecting the integrity of the Raffle or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND POTENTIALLY OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND PURSUE ANY OTHER REMEDIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE.
- GEO-FENCING: Participant acknowledges and accepts that certain geo-fencing technology is utilized in the administration of the Raffle, that the Raffle is not operational outside of the State of Ohio, and further waives any claims, demands, rights, errors or omissions against Club Ohio, the P2i Global Foundation, and/or JumpFS caused by said geo-fencing.
SPONSOR; WINNERS LIST: The sponsor of the Raffle is the Women’s Health Education Program of the P2i Global Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization existing under the laws of the State of Ohio. To obtain a list of the Winning Numbers, please send an email request to email@example.com. The Winning Numbers also will be posted at on www.jumpfs.com/Club-Ohio.